Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And we have a new President of the United States...

So my very first post is about the inauguration. Actually, it's not. I'm mentioning it because it's a big deal, but I can assure you, this blog will not be about politics. Ever. Because despite the fact that I'm a working adult, paying taxes, and actually do have some pretty strong political views, I still choose Bravo over CNN and Friends over the evening news. I don't know why I lack the maturity to choose more adult-like content. Maybe I'll have more patriotic viewing habits when I turn 30. But that's still over 2 years away.

Anyways, all I was going to say about the inauguration is that Barack Obama is a great speaker and it was quite a moving event. Aretha Franklin's hat was VERY sassy.

Now we move on to something completely unrelated to the presidency, but something that I feel should probably be brought to his attention when he has a few spare minutes. I'm annoyed because the entire city of Virginia Beach (except for my agency) has shut down today due to "snow". 3-5 inches. We have gotten no snow. None. It's actually SUNNY right now. The chance of snow was 100% according to every weather forecasting website I could find. So I don't know who to blame for the fact that my neck actually hurts from turning around to look out my window in hopes of seeing snow, but someone is going to pay for this. Meteorology- a job I'm more qualified for than actual meteorologists. Adding this to my resume and LinkedIn profile as we speak.

On the bright side, my Norfolk Restaurant Week dinner will not be canceled, as I do not have to worry about ice or snow on the streets. I'm on a strict diet to lose 10 pounds by March 9, so my order will sound something like this "I would like to start with the Crawfish Bisque, no bisque please. For dinner, the Pecan Breaded Catfish, no pecans and no breading. And for dessert the Crispy Beigents." I have no idea what Crispy Beigents are, but they're on the menu and I'm getting them. I'll also have a (light) beer. To drink away my sore neck.

2 comments: