Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sick again...

It's embarassing because I make a point of telling people that I never get sick. Ever. Yet here I am, 3 months after the last non-illness, not being sick, yet feeling like I'm sick. Poor Will, because I'm also moody when I don't feel well.

So today while I was busy not being sick, I was on Facebook, checking out some photos a friend of ours took at a wedding we attended in New Hampshire. It was a great wedding, held on a Sunday in the fall. It had rained for weeks straight up and down the entire east coast, yet for their big day, the clouds parted and it turned out to be a dry and gorgeous day. There's a trend, though, that I'm noticing. If I'm in any pictures taken at weddings, I always start out looking great. Smiling, hair in place, looking like I've got my shit together. Then, as the pictures progress, I start to look a little less sober and a little more sloppy.

One wedding, I was drinking red wine (lesson learned), and in the PROFESSIONAL pictures, the pictures the bride and groom will keep forever, I'm cheesing away with PURPLE teeth.

In these particular pictures just freshly posted on Facebook, I have my leg wrapped around Will. Inappropriate AND slutty at this very classy event. Will was wearing a tux. Great picture.

So my hope is that I can keep myself looking sober in all of my pictures on my wedding day. And I'm open for tips on how to be able to drink, yet not look like "that girl" at my own wedding.

I've already decided I'm only drinking beer or white wine. No coke, no red wine. Because I'm also a spiller when I've been drinking. And my dress is like WHITE, white.

My goal at my own wedding is to not have any pictures of me inappropriately sticking my tongue in my new husbands year, no pictures of me with dribbles of liquid down my front, no colored teeth, no cussing in front of our grandparents, etc etc.

I'd also like to remember my wedding. I don't want the day after to be spent asking Will or my friends "Oh my God, did I say something stupid???" Or even better: "Do you think people saw my boob pop out of my dress while I was break dancing???"

No comments:

Post a Comment